Recipe by Sunshine Forever
This is a great salad to serve with any Italian dish.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Yum, this is a glorious salad! One that you could / should eat everyday! It's so simple to put together, however ~ the taste....sensational. I used pepperoncini, (lots of them!) along with the celery, and artichoke. Kapoww! This is wonderful. Thanks for posting such a great treat to eat!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed and sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shaved with carrot peeler (optional)
- 1 cup italian olive (I use the jar of salad olives)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and slice lettuce. Put into large salad bowl and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, celery, carrots, olives (drained), artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Prepare envelope of Italian salad dressing according to directions on package. Pour over salad and toss.