This is a great salad to serve with any Italian dish.
Make and share this Italian Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed and sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shaved with carrot peeler (optional)
- 1 cup italian olive (I use the jar of salad olives)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Wash and slice lettuce. Put into large salad bowl and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, celery, carrots, olives (drained), artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Prepare envelope of Italian salad dressing according to directions on package. Pour over salad and toss.
Yum, this is a glorious salad! One that you could / should eat everyday! It's so simple to put together, however ~ the taste....sensational. I used pepperoncini, (lots of them!) along with the celery, and artichoke. Kapoww! This is wonderful. Thanks for posting such a great treat to eat!
Delicious salad. I especially loved the artichokes and olive addtions. I had never tried the Italian dressing packets before. It was really good. I wouldn't change a thing in the recipe. It's great!
This was a delicious salad and one that I will keep on hand to make again. I made a couple of changes based on what was on hand. The greens were a combination of Romain and spring mix. The celery was omitted and pepperoncini added. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*