Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this from the Barilla website. This soup is so good on a cold day and is very hearty! Its very easy to make too!
- 1 cup barilla elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fresh escarole or 1 lb spinach, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups water
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (26 ounce) jarbarilla marinara sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook elbows according to package directions; drain (al dente is the best).
- Heat oil in 4-quart Dutch oven or large pot.
- Add spinach (or Escarole) onion and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked elbows and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Ladle in bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with warm crusty Italian bread.
This soup is delicious, and simple to make too! The Parmesan takes it over the top. Will definitely make this again soon. Thank you.
Oh So Soothing!! I have a bowl in one hand, slurping this up and trying to type with one hand...it's that good that I don't want to put it down! This is my lunch...the leftovers from last nite. Well, actually it was stealovers, as I took an extra bowlful and stored it away. I served this as a started soup for the rest of a lovely chicken dinner to my college students, but they kept getting up to fill their bowls til it was all gone! I think that speaks volumes!