I have to say, I thought this recipe would just be a normal pot roastt. Boy was wrong. This was Fabulous! It is a BC recipe.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 411.06 g diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1360.77-2267.96 g boneless beef rump roast
- 2 slice bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml water
- 226.79 g fresh whole mushrooms
- 236.59 ml green giant frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 118.29 ml ripe olives, if desired
- In a 4 - 5 quart slow cooker, mix onion, and tomatoes.
- If roast comes in netting or is tied, remove netting or strings.
- Place beef in slow cooker.
- In small bowl, mix bacon, garlic and Italian seasoning; rub over beef.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 - 10 hours.
- Remove beef from cooker.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water; stir into tomato mixture.
- Return beef to cooker.
- Cut large mushrooms in half. Arrange mushrooms, beans and olives around beef.
- Increase heat setting to High.
- Cover; cook for 20 - 30 minutes or until tomato mixute has thickened and vegetables are tender.
- I served this over egg noodles tossed with butter and garlic powder. Mmmmmm -- .
Really good, I loved the green beans and mushrooms. I didn't use the olives. I also served over garlic buttered egg noodles with garlic bread. Thank-you!