1/1 Photo of Italian Rump Roast
8 hrs 10 mins
Audrey M's Note:
I have to say, I thought this recipe would just be a normal pot roastt. Boy was wrong. This was Fabulous! It is a BC recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 -5 lbs boneless beef rump roast
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounces fresh whole mushrooms
- 1 cup green giant frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup ripe olives, if desired
- 1In a 4 - 5 quart slow cooker, mix onion, and tomatoes.
- 2If roast comes in netting or is tied, remove netting or strings.
- 3Place beef in slow cooker.
- 4In small bowl, mix bacon, garlic and Italian seasoning; rub over beef.
- 5Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 - 10 hours.
- 6Remove beef from cooker.
- 7In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water; stir into tomato mixture.
- 8Return beef to cooker.
- 9Cut large mushrooms in half. Arrange mushrooms, beans and olives around beef.
- 10Increase heat setting to High.
- 11Cover; cook for 20 - 30 minutes or until tomato mixute has thickened and vegetables are tender.
- 12I served this over egg noodles tossed with butter and garlic powder. Mmmmmm -- .
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Rump Roast
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.5
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 148.0 mg
- Sodium 433.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 49.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef rump roast