Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rum cake the easy way! This recipe comes from Rachael Ray. I’m sure brandy or Grand Mariner would be wonderful instead of the rum.
- 16 one package ladyfingers
- 3 ounces rum
- 2 cups instant vanilla pudding
- 8 large ripe strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 ounces sliced almonds
- 2 cups milk
- Separate ladyfingers on a work surface.
- Using a pastry brush, liberally paint the cake with rum.
- Line small glass desert cups or cocktail glasses with cake.
- Prepare the instant pudding according to the package directions, using the milk.
- Top with heaping spoonfuls of prepared vanilla pudding, about ½ cup per serving dish.
- Sprinkle sliced strawberries with sugar and toss to coat.
- Top dessert cups with sliced berries and sliced almonds and serve or refrigerate until dessert time.