I love the taste of roasted vegetables. This recipe uses a bunch of different ones, and can easily be changed to add or subtract ones as you wish.
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 3 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 bunches green onions, trimmed
- 2 Japanese eggplants, sliced
- 24 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 lb new potato, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary, chopped
- 12 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500ºF.
- Put veggies into open roasting pan. Toss with rosemary, chopped garlic, salt and fresh ground black pepper and just enough olive oil to coat.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, or until crisp tende.
My favourite way to have vegetables! I used zucchini, bell pepper, eggplant and carrots because that's what I had on hand. Cook time was on the spot in my oven!<br/>Made for CQ 2014
Used all the veggies called for except for the potatoes as I was also making a pasta dish and did not want more carbs. Oven-roasting vegetables is one of my favourite ways of preparing them, and this was a fab combo of flavours. I did throw in a generous amount of dried oregano and basil to provide an herbal note.
This was amazing! I took it to a holiday party in an insulated pyrex portable and got tons of complements on it. I can't wait to have it fresh out of the oven. Definitely making it again. And, it is super easy!