Recipe by TigerJo~
I like to grind the salt, fennel seed, and pepper together myself, and I often add whole pine nuts to the paste mixture.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed (crushed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°; spray roasting pan rack with nonstick pan spray; trim fat from tenderloin; cut lengthwise into almost halves, open roast flat with cut side up.
- Mash remaining ingredients into a paste (I like to grind the fennel with the salt & peppercorns in my spice grinder); rub 2T paste on the inside of the tenderloin. Sprinkle with pine nuts (optional); fold pork closed; rub remaining paste on outside of tenderloin and truss with twine if desired.
- Place pork on the roasting pan rack; roast uncovered for 1hr or to desired doneness. over and let rest for 15 minutes; cut in 1/4" slices.