Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A unique and flavorful way to serve cauliflower I really like this recipe because it shares the oven well with Spinach No-Boil Lasagna #113858. Make up both of these dishes and put in the oven, for an easy dinner-party meal that can be prepared ahead of time, then cooks in the oven while you entertain. This recipe is a modification of #275788 which deserves the credit for the flavor combination.
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florettes
- 1 cup dry white wine (pinot grigio)
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 8 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄3 cup coarse shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup coarse shredded percorini romano cheese
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Layer cauliflower in a single layer, stems down in a 19x9 baking dish.
- Pour wine over cauliflower.
- Brush olive oil over cauliflower.
- Sprinkle garlic over cauliflower.
- Sprinkle oregano over cauliflower.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over cauliflower.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine breadcrumbs, romano, parmesan, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix until combined and mealy.
- At the end of the 45 minutes, sprinkle the crumb mixture over the cauliflower and garnish with the 4 sprigs rosemary.
- Return to the oven uncovered for another 15 minutes.
This recipe is very easy to do. And the taste is wonderful. I didn't have fresh parsley so I used dried. I used parmesan cheese and provolone. The seasonings are perfect. Thanks Pierce :) Made for I recommend tag game
I made half the recipe and served as a side with Easy Lasagna - No Ricotta. Very tasty! I had some leftover and added it the next day to French Bread Pizza. Thanks Pierce for sharing. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 09.