Recipe by Expat in Holland
This recipe is easy and delicious. I combined two different recipes to come up with this one. My original basic recipe was from my cousin, who, when growing up, cooked traditional Italian foods. I later came across another recipe that was similar, yet had some differences as well. I took what I thought was the best of both and combined them. This is the refined recipe. My husband is not fond of cauliflower, yet loves this recipe. Roasting the cauliflower not only brings out the best of it's flavor, but texture as well. I hope you will enjoy this as much as we do.
Top Review by Cook4_6
I am commenting on this, but am not starring because I did not finish the recipe so I cannot rate it as a whole. I followed this recipe through the point you take it out of the oven for the first time. I cut the recipe in half and used all the ingredients called for for the first baking phase....it was tasty and simple! I will try the recipe again all the way through in the future because I imagine it is fantastic!
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into flowerettes
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely shredded pecorino cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set the cauliflower pieces in a 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Make sure it is in one single layer, stems side down.
- Pour the wine over top of cauliflower.
- Drizzle top of cauliflower with 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Top with oregano and basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, pecorino and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well until mixture is mealy and well combined.
- After 30 minutes of baking, remove pan from oven. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the cauliflower.
- Return to oven, uncovered, and bake another 15 minutes.