Recipe by jonesies
A different way to roast chicken with ground beef filling. Taken from the "Wonderful Ways to Prepare Chicken" cookbook.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 hardboiled egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the chicken, inside and out, with salt and pepper.
- Brown the ground beef in the oil with the onion for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the celery, tomatoes, parsley, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Stuff the chicken with half the filling, then insert the whole hard boiled eggs and then the remaining stuffing.
- Close the cavity with a skewer.
- Bake the chicken in a 350 degree oven for about 1 1/2 hours or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear. (Baste occasionally with drippings).