Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
this is my oldest daughters favorite dinner. It is easy and very yummy. We use the juice to dip our sandwiches into. Awesome!!!
- 1 chuck roast (any size that will fit in crockpot)
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 44.37 ml basil
- 44.37 ml oregano
- french bread hoagie roll
- shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- sauteed onion (optional)
- Turn crockpot on low.
- Add roast, broth, soup mix and spices.
- Cook all day (at least 7 hours).
- When ready to eat, take roast out and shred.
- Slice buns in half and put on cookie sheet.
- Place beef on each bottom bun, top with onions and then cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts.
Looked all over for a reciepe that would be great and my daughter and grandkids would love..... this was awesome to say the least, a big hit and I'm now making it for my daughters cook-out. A the flavor is great..
This recipe is unbelievable. It filled the house with an aroma that had everyone waiting in anticipation and it did not disapoint. My family can not wait to have this again.
I used this recipe for my son's birthday party. Everyone flipped over it. It was easy and I could leave it in the crock pot in the juice and people could eat as they wanted. Plus, I didn't have to turn my stove on...it being summer and all... I come from a big Italian family who doesn't hesitate to say if something isn't good....THEY LOVED THIS!