Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 8 mins
This is a fail-proof recipe for roasting Beef. It comes out perfect every time. Rule of thumb: Cook the roast for 20 minutes at 500°F then turn the heat down to 300°F and cook for 18 minutes per pound for medium rare. I have been cooking my roasts this way for 20 years and every time I make a roast my husband and friends cannot stop complementing my expertise.
- 2721.55 g butt beef tenderloin or 2721.55 g sirloin tip roast
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 28.39 ml olive oil
- fresh pepper (10 grinds)
- 44.37 ml italian seasoning
- Slice garlic into matchsticks. Make slits in roast with small knife and insert garlic.
- Rub oil all over roast. Grind pepper over roast and coat with Italian Seasoning.
- Place roast on rack in roasting pan and roast at 500°F for 20 minutes. Turn heat down to 300°F and roast an additional 18 minutes per pound for medium rare.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
This was my first time making beef roast, and it turned out absolutely perfectly. The roast was really juicy and tender. Thank you for an awesome recipe
Easy and delicious ! Had the center portion of a beef tenderloin after a few steaks were cut off. Thought it was about 4 pounds -- used a probe thermometer set for 160*F -- roasted a total of 65 minutes. Was med-well -- will take the next one off a few minutes earlier. DEE-licious ! Thanks for posting, JCC !
I made this using the sirloin tip roast. I didn't use the Italian seasoning as I don't like rosemary, so just sprinkled roast with basil, oregano, thyme, pepper and garlic powder. I only had a 4 lb roast and total cooking time was an hour 40 minutes, as we like it more medium/well. This worked out perfect and had a great flavor. Thanks for sharing JCC. Made for Fall PAC 08.