Recipe by JCC
This is a fail-proof recipe for roasting Beef. It comes out perfect every time. Rule of thumb: Cook the roast for 20 minutes at 500°F then turn the heat down to 300°F and cook for 18 minutes per pound for medium rare. I have been cooking my roasts this way for 20 years and every time I make a roast my husband and friends cannot stop complementing my expertise.
Top Review by diner524
I made this using the sirloin tip roast. I didn't use the Italian seasoning as I don't like rosemary, so just sprinkled roast with basil, oregano, thyme, pepper and garlic powder. I only had a 4 lb roast and total cooking time was an hour 40 minutes, as we like it more medium/well. This worked out perfect and had a great flavor. Thanks for sharing JCC. Made for Fall PAC 08.
- 6 lbs butt beef tenderloin or 6 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- fresh pepper (10 grinds)
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice garlic into matchsticks. Make slits in roast with small knife and insert garlic.
- Rub oil all over roast. Grind pepper over roast and coat with Italian Seasoning.
- Place roast on rack in roasting pan and roast at 500°F for 20 minutes. Turn heat down to 300°F and roast an additional 18 minutes per pound for medium rare.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.