Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
I got this recipe from my sister, and it is absolutely the best I have ever had. I begged her for recipe and she was happy to share.
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 (10 ounce) cans au jus sauce (if you cant find AuJus ,you could sub. brown gravy)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (optional)
- 1 sweet onion, sliced (optional)
- Add meat into a slow cooker.
- If desired add sliced bell pepper and onion.
- Add italian dressing, vinegar, water and Au Jus to crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Take fork and shred beef. Continue to cook 1-2 hours longer. I like to serve these on hoagie rolls, with pepperoncinni peppers.