Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Tender roast with good blended flavors.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 4 lbs rump roast
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Pour water into a large kettle/pot and add bouillon cubes.
- Mix together that salt, peppers, and herbs on a large plate.
- Rub roast with 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- Roll roast in seasoning mixture until well coated.
- Place the roast in the kettle/pot along with any left over seasoning and oil.
- Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.