Recipe by ChefRed
Very simple & comes out good everytime.
Top Review by tatianna0714
Follow the cooking directions for the beef or it will turn to leather. The second time around it was FANTASTIC!!! Thank you Chef Red for sharing this TERRIFIC recipe. My husband is a roastbeef critic & he LOVED IT as a meal & as sandwiches the next day!!!
- 5 lbs top round beef
- 3 large onions, cut into 1/2in wedges
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In bottom of pan place onions first.
- Put roast on top of onions.
- pour water to cover onions.
- Pour oil over roast.
- Sprinkle pepper, than salt over roast.
- Cook 20 minutes for every pound at 350 uncovered.
- If cut of meat is really wide, you may need to increase 5-8 minutes additional per pound. I let it cool off alittle and then use meat slicer to cut into slices.
- I place cut meat back into pan with onions and gravy.
- Really nice for sandwiches.