Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple risotto recipe which doesn't require constant stirring. I believe it originally came from Cooking Light
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 cup peas
- 1⁄3 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese
- Combine broth and wine in 1 quart glass measuring cup. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until it boils. Remove from microwave and keep warm.
- Combine onion and oil in a 2 quart casserole. Microwave on high 4 minutes .
- Stir in broth mixture and rice. Microwave on high for 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, corn or peas, roasted red peppers, basil and oregano. Micowave on high for 4 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring every two minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in cheese.