Recipe by Dancer^
Very good, a little higher in fat then normal but still lowfat.
Top Review by Momma of 4 #795827
This is by far the best risotto I've had yet. We don't like peppers so did what the other review had suggest added sun dried tomatos and didn't have asiago so used parm and it was great will def be making this again!!!
- 3 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups arborio rice or 1 1⁄3 cups other short-grain rice
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bottled roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese (3 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth and wine in a 1-quart glass measure.
- Microwave at high for 5 minutes or until mixture boils.
- Remove from oven; keep warm.
- Combine onion and oil in a 2-quart casserole.
- Microwave at high 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth mixture and rice.
- Microwave at high for 15 minutes or until the liquid is almost absorbed, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp, corn, bell peppers, basil, and oregano.
- Microwave at high for 4 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring mixture every 2 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.