Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a delicious creamy risotto that my kids love from an Annabel Karmel cookbook (but altered). It's a great way to get veggies into your kids!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 3⁄4 cups vegetable stock, heated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the pepper and mushrooms adn cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly until all the grains are well coated with oil. Pour in a ladleful of hot stock and simmer, stirring constantly, until absorbed.
- Continue to add small amounts of the heated stock, waiting for each ladleful to be absorbed before adding mroe. Stir frequently!
- When all the stock has been added and the rice is almost cooked stir in the peas and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan and butter, season to taste.