Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, ends removed and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken consomme
- 1⁄3 cup risoni or 1⁄3 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas, shelled
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan over high heat.
- Add fennel, carrot, zucchini,garlic and cook stirring 5 minutes until tender.
- Add consomme bring to boil.
- Add risoni and cook for 10 minutes stirring every so often.
- Add peas and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in herbs and seasoning.