1/1 Photo of Italian Ricotta Tomato Pie
An easy-to-make, no-yeast, rustic pizza. Uses a pantry staple - Bisquick! I adapted this from a recipe off the side of my supermarket's box of all purpose baking mix. It's fast and very yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For crust, stir together baking mix, garlic powder, pepper and hot water until it becomes a dough then knead it with your hands for a few minutes on a floured board.
- 2Press, pat and coax dough out on regular size greased baking sheet (I cover my baking sheet with foil and then spray the foil with Pam).
- 3Set aside.
- 4Slice tomatoes then take the ends and the parts you couldn't get a good slice of and dice them.
- 5Set aside.
- 6In a small bowl, mix ricotta with garlic and parmesan.
- 7Carefully spread dough with ricotta mixture, leaving a 1/2 inch edge.
- 8Top with mozzarella cheese.
- 9Place tomato slices and then diced tomatoes.
- 10Sprinkle with basil and oregano and then drizzle with oil.
- 11Moisten the edges of the dough with water and fold up to form a small crust.
- 12Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Ricotta Tomato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 900.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 19.8 g