Recipe by ~Leslie~
Lemon flavored and moist, this cake is delicious with a topping of sweetened berries. From Italian Forever.
Top Review by Annacia
I adore the cheesecakeyness of this and whats not to love about lemon! I used 1 cup of Splenda for the sugar and that was spot on. I wondered about no baking powder but I'm so glad that I didn't give into my my doubt and just followed the recipe as written. I got a deep, moist, creamy cheesecake like (toward the center)pan of goodness. Skipped the sugar topping because Splenda just doesn't look as nice as sugar, I baked for the min time given but will cut back of that next time as the outside next to the pan was done a bit more than I would have liked. Not the recipes fault, my oven is an over achiever. Made for ZWT7.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 4 large eggs
- powdered sugar, for topping
For the topping
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- For the cake:.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 9" cake pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, lemon extract, milk, ricotta, flour and lemon zest, and beat well for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Pour into your prepared pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Combine the blueberries, lemon, sugar and 1/2 cup of water, and cook until thickened. Remove and cool.
- Once the cake has cooled, dust lightly with the powdered sugar.
- Serve a small slice with a spoonful of blueberry topping.