Recipe by IronChefNicole
This is sooooo delicious! One of the best cheesecakes I've ever made.Very creamy and simply delectable! It's refreshingly different from regular cheesecakes. You will impress with this one! *Helpful hints. Springform pans tend to leak, so cover the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil. Make sure ALL INGEDIENTS are at ROOM TEMPERATURE. Also do not over mix, it will create alot of air in the batter and will crack it when its cooling.
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together ricotta and cream cheese, and add sugar.
- Beat in eggs , one at a time.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla, cornstarch, flour, and butter and mix well.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Pour into BUTTERED 10 inch springform pan.
- Put cake in cold oven (Do not preheat).
- Heat oven @ 325 degrees and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off and leave cake in there for 2 hours. DO NOT open the oven door during this time while its cooling.
- Remove cake and finish cooling.
- Wrap and refrigerate. Cake is best the next day.