Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe by CliffyW at allrecipes.com.
- 9 eggs
- 3 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons whiskey (optional) or 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional) or 3 tablespoons rum (optional) or 3 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat two 9-inch pie pans with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Mix in the ricotta cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, zest, and alcohol if using. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until firm. Let cool, then refrigerate until cold.