Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This recipe has a history. When I was young, tradition was that all the foods to be served on Easter Sunday were prepared in advance. On the day before Easter, the food would be layed out on the table so the local parish priest could come and bless the food. This recipe is a tradition on Easter Sunday. It is from Naples, Italy!
- 9 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cooked non-instant rice, cooled
- 1 (29 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs in very large bowl.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Stir in cheese and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add heavy cream and stir.
- Fold in cooled, cooked rice and then drained pineapple.
- Pour into a buttered 9-1/2 inch X 13-1/2 inch pain.
- Bake@325* oven for 1 hour.
- Check after 1 hour by inserting clean knife into center. Knife should come out clean and top should be golden brown.
- Refrigerate after throughly cooled.