Recipe by MARIA MAC *
These rice balls are great as an appetizer or a main meal with a nice salad and broccoli and garlic side dish.
- 1 lb white rice
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, cut in 16 cubes
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami, cut in small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- spaghetti sauce with meat
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice until sticky.
- Let cool.
- Mix rice, 4 egg yolks and grated cheese in large bowl.
- Form rice mixture into balls (the size of a large meatball)) enclosing cube of Mozzarella and 2 or 3 pieces of salami inside each rice ball.
- Beat egg whites.
- Dip each rice ball in beaten egg whites and then in bread crumbs.
- Drizzle with olive oil and broil on all sides until well browned.
- To serve, split open and top with meat sauce.
- Makes 12 to 14.