Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Everyone loves these. They are excellent served with a salad and bread as a light lunch or main course. Just adjust the size and/or the quantity.
- Cook converted rice according to package.
- Cool rice and reserve.
- Saute ground beef, crumbling well.
- Season beef generously with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Combine seasoned meat and cooled rice.
- Mix in spaghetti sauce and cheese.
- Divide mixture into ten baseball sized balls.
- Place on nonstick cookie sheets.
- Can be IQF frozen at this point and put into freezer bags.
- Combine egg and water in a bowl.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a bowl.
- Dip each ball in egg wash and then into crumbs to coat.
- Bake@ 350 for 30 minutes, or if baking from frozen add 15 minutes.
This recipe was very easy and very tasty. My kids helped to make it, and thought that it was excellent good when they dipped it into spaghetti sauce. I used an ice cream scooper to make the balls with, which was perfect size. I will make this recipe again.
Wonderful flavor! Didn't add the 1/2 Tbsp. of pepper as listed, decreased the amt. to 1/2 tsp. Baseball size was too large for us so shaped ours more like golfball size. Next time will serve with warmed marinara as a dipping sauce. Great recipe, Thank You.