Recipe by Chefiebig
Everyone loves these. They are excellent served with a salad and bread as a light lunch or main course. Just adjust the size and/or the quantity.
Top Review by mullengun
This recipe was very easy and very tasty. My kids helped to make it, and thought that it was excellent good when they dipped it into spaghetti sauce. I used an ice cream scooper to make the balls with, which was perfect size. I will make this recipe again.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup raw converted rice
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup grated romano cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook converted rice according to package.
- Cool rice and reserve.
- Saute ground beef, crumbling well.
- Season beef generously with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Combine seasoned meat and cooled rice.
- Mix in spaghetti sauce and cheese.
- Divide mixture into ten baseball sized balls.
- Place on nonstick cookie sheets.
- Can be IQF frozen at this point and put into freezer bags.
- Combine egg and water in a bowl.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a bowl.
- Dip each ball in egg wash and then into crumbs to coat.
- Bake@ 350 for 30 minutes, or if baking from frozen add 15 minutes.