Everyone loves these. They are excellent served with a salad and bread as a light lunch or main course. Just adjust the size and/or the quantity.
- Cook converted rice according to package.
- Cool rice and reserve.
- Saute ground beef, crumbling well.
- Season beef generously with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Combine seasoned meat and cooled rice.
- Mix in spaghetti sauce and cheese.
- Divide mixture into ten baseball sized balls.
- Place on nonstick cookie sheets.
- Can be IQF frozen at this point and put into freezer bags.
- Combine egg and water in a bowl.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a bowl.
- Dip each ball in egg wash and then into crumbs to coat.
- Bake@ 350 for 30 minutes, or if baking from frozen add 15 minutes.