Recipe by Nasseh
These Italian rice balls are a great favorite of children & adults alike. Italian cheese blends consists of Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, Romano, Fontina, & Asiago. I have noticed that sometimes the last 2 cheeses are not included. I have adjusted the recipe according to 2Bleu's comments. Thanks for the input...
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup cooked arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2-1 cup breadcrumbs
- canola oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground beef & rice together then stir in the cheese, parmesan, & spices.
- Mix the egg in with the meat mixture to bind it together. With slightly moist fingers, shape the mixture into small balls.
- Heat a small amount (about 1/4 inch) of oil in a frying pan. Roll the balls in the bread crumbs then fry until golden brown & crisp. Drain on paper towels & serve immediately.