Recipe by Bergy
This rice is a little moister than most rice dishes. It goes well with other veggies. It is a speciality of Venice
Top Review by queenbeatrice
This went very well with a roasted chicken. I followed instructions as listed except for using whatever drippings I had from the roasted chicken I made to go with this, and mixed with enough water to make 3 cups liquids and omitted the bouillon cubes and it turned out droolicious!!!!!!!!!
I will make this again for sure. Thanks for sharing your lovely recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh peas, shelled (you can use frozen but fresh is better)
- 2⁄3 cup long grain rice, uncooked (Basmati)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 oz of butter in a saucepan.
- Add chopped onion and celery, cook until just translucent.
- Add rice, cook a few minutes more, stirring to coat the rice with butter.
- Add wine, 1 cup of boiling water and crumbled stock cubes.
- Bring to a boil, add peas.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered until the water has evaporated.
- Add another cup of boiling water, cook until evaporated.
- Add the final cup of boiling water.
- Keep cooking until the water is almost absorbed.
- Overall cooking time is about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and 1 oz butter.
- Add salt& pepper to taste.