Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a lovely recipe for Ribeyes. I was sent this recipe by a friend. It has such a nice flavor and it always seems to please my husband...who is a steak man.
- 4 (6 ounce) rib eye steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups dry red wine
- In a skillet melt 2 tbsp of butter. Add shallot and sauté about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and oregano to skillet and sauté mixture for about 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and cook mixture for about 2minutes.
- Slowly add wine, whisking well to combine into a sauce. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer sauce about 10 minutes until mixture is reduced by half.
- Strain sauce to remove solids and place liquid back in pan.
- Add remaining butter tbsp at a time and whisk to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile heat grill. Add steaks and cook about 5 minutes per side, for medium rare.
- Remove steaks when done, to individual plates. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle sauce on top of each steak.