Prep 25 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Antipasto must have.
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 3⁄4 lb kalamata olive, drained, pitted (or other good olive)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 2⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon marjoram, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Finely chop first 5 ingredients.
- Bring remaining ingredients to a boil. Pour boiling liquid over chopped ingredients.
- Refrigerate. Best if made at least 24 hours before serving.
- Will keep for a month in tightly covered jar.