Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I invented this recipe because I wanted something with a little more flavor than just plain roasted potatoes. This might also be good with other flavors of salad dressing mixes (Fiesta Ranch, Herb and Garlic, Mediterranean). You might also want to add some cheese. I sometimes add some chile powder to the seasoning mixture. Just use your imagination.
- 6 potatoes, medium sized
- 1 onion
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix (I used Good Seasons)
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I used extra-virgin)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil. I use no-stick foil. If not using that, spray foil with cooking spray to keep potatoes from sticking.
- Scrub potatoes or peel if desired, cut each one in half, then cut each half into eighths. Put into bowl or a zip-lock bag.
- Cut onion into eighths and add to potatoes. Toss together.
- Combine salad dressing mixes with garlic powder.
- Pour 1 T oil over potatoes and toss. Sprinkle with 1/2 of salad dressing mixture and toss. Repeat steps, then pour mixture into prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, until potatoes are browned.
- Pour into bowl and serve. I've also splashed the potatoes with a small amount of balsamic vinegar prior to serving.