Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was given to me by my sister. It is the perfect recipe for a last minute meal, a cheap meal or a very tasty meal.
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing (any kind to suit your liking)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Sauté chicken pieces in a little olive oil until browned.
- While chicken is browning, combine the ranch and Italian dressings in measuring glass or bowl.
- When chicken in browned, pour dressing mixture in and cook on low heat until mixture is just beginning to boil and beat throughout.
- Pour chicken mix over egg noodles or pasta.
- Sauce can easily be doubled.
I wasn't crazy about this, it tasted like it was missing something to me. But my husband loved it. I did add broccoli and cauliflower to it.
It must just be our tastes, but this should have been something we liked. Unfortunately, when I tasted it before serving it wasn't at all to my liking, and the sauce was way too thin to eat from anything but a bowl. I ended up having to add about a cup of sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, 2 minced garlic cloves, and about 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, as well as the mushrooms and broccoli I decided to add based on the other reviews. I also thickened it with a tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in some of the sauce, then stirred back in. I served it over rotini. We'll finish it, but this just didn't work for us, sorry.
This is a super recipe. It is easy, convenient and both adults and kids like it. I doubled the sauce and served over noodles. I think I will make it sometime, chill it, and use it for a cold macaroni salad. This can be versatile. Be sure to try this one. It is a winner.