Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Looking for a healthier alternative to pasta, I came up with this entree for my newly vegetarian teen son. He gave it two thumbs up and dubbed it a cross between spaghetti and pizza. I hope your family enjoys it, too! Omit the cheese for a completely vegan dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 12 ounces fresh spinach, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 6 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- Add 2 TB olive oil to a large skillet at medium heat. Add chopped mushrooms, chopped onion and crushed garlic. Saute 3-5 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach to skillet and cover. Cook for ~5 minutes, stirring as needed. Onions should be softened and spinach reduced at the end of this step.
- Mix in cooked quinoa, stirring to evenly combine vegetables and quinoa. Stir in crushed tomatoes and Italian Seasoning. Heat through, ~10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and sliced olives and heat another 5 minutes.
- More sliced olives or cheese may be added to individual servings, as desired.