Recipe by likethebird
Gluten free alternative to traditional quiche, spiced with Italian flavors and prosciutto.
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked in chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons gluten free all-purpose flour (could use any flour)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄8 cup onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 3 slices prosciutto
- 1⁄2 cup Italian cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix ingredients for crust into a bowl to make a dough-like consistency.
- Press into pie plate, sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake crust for 12-15 minutes until set.
- Fill crust with all vegetables (peppers, zucchini, onion).
- In a small bowl, blend eggs, yolks, milk, salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour egg mixture over veggies, allowing it to get into every nook and cranny.
- Bake quiche for 20-25 minutes until starting to set.
- Top with ham, then cheese. Place back in the over and bake for 5-10 minutes more, until set and cheesy starts to brown.