Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour; source is Moosewood Restaurant
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 -3 cups fresh fruit (avoid citrus or pineapple because they may curdle the pudding)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Slice the dried apricots. If you're using unsulfured apricots, soak them in warm water for 20 minutes to plump them up before slicing.
- Using an electric beater, whip the ricotta cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla and raspberry preserves.
- Fold in the fruits and nuts.
- Add in the whipped cream not more than 2 hours before you intend to serve. Fold in the whipped cream and serve.
This is rich pudding heaven! I did not have any raspberry preserves so I used homemade strawberry jam and increased the almonds and raisins slightly. SOOOO delicious, thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)
I was crazy for this dessert. I omitted the apricots and used golden raisins only for the fruit. I also pureed my ricotta in the food processor. Roxygirl
I made this for a Tea that I went to. Very yummy and a great keeper. Everyone wanted the recipe. I made this for Zaar World Tour 05