Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped mushroom (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 12 slices prosciutto or 12 slices bacon, thin
- Cook spinach; drain well.
- In medium bowl, combine spinach, Parmesan, mushrooms, onions, oregano, salt and egg.
- Spray miniature muffin tins with Pam.
- Cut prosciutto into quarters.
- Press 1/4 slice into muffin tin, pressing against bottom and sides.
- Spoon cheese mixture into cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in preheated 375 degree oven.
- Can be frozen.
Excellent appetizer. I made this exactly as directed, and came up with 40 appetizer cups, which, with other appetizers, satisfied about 8 - 10 people. It was delicious, and disappeared quickly. Next time, I think I'd add an extra egg, more parmesan, and some garlic, too. However, they're delicious and very easy to make as is. Wonderful recipe I'll make again, definitely!
Nice presentation. I didn't use salt either, and added some chopped red peppers.
A lot of work for a fairly pedestrian result. Followed recipe exactly as presented (with prosciutto.) Edible, but not memorable.