Recipe by Susan Lee
I tried to duplicate these bodega sandwiches my son loved in Cambridge. These are a combination of those sandwiches and others we love from the Stuga bar.
- Italian bread or hard rolls or kaiser roll
- 1 leaf lettuce
any combination of meats
- genoa salami
- turkey, etc
- provolone cheese
- 1 strong Italian dressing (a Zesty one is good)
- dry parmesan cheese (like Kraft)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the mushrooms and onions, sprinkle with water and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Cut bread or rolls lengthwise.
- Stack the sandwiches: Italian dressing, meats, cheese, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, parmesan cheese and more dressing on the inside of the top bread.
- Place in a heated George Foreman grill, and press down to smush sandwich.
- (watch out! sandwiches tend to slide apart!) Heat until cheese is melted and bread is toasty.
- Add lettuce.
- alternative: wrap sandwiches in foil and heat in oven.