1/2 Photos of Italian Pound Cake (Food Processor)
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A pound cake that pairs well with coffee or tea and is a slightly tweaked version of a pound cake recipe that came with my Cuisinart. This pound cake is unique in that it calls for pine nuts, olive oil and corn meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 teaspoon orange zest or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F Coat a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Gind toasted pine nuts in food processer; add the flour, cormeal, baking powder and salt and process to sift, about 10 seconds. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- 3Process butter, sugar and zest till creamy, scraping the sides of processer as necessary.
- 4In measuring cup combine the eggs, oil and vanilla extract. With processer running, gradually add the egg mixture untill incorporated.
- 5Add the dry ingredients evenly to the food processed work bowl and pulse just until combined about 4 to 5 times (do not over process).
- 6Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake in the center of the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean (orignal recipe called for 90 minutes, but mine is also done at 75 minutes).
- 7Cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove and finsh cooling on rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pound Cake (Food Processor)
Serving Size: 1 (908 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3873.8
- Calories from Fat 2135
- Total Fat 237.3 g
- Saturated Fat 103.2 g
- Cholesterol 1110.0 mg
- Sodium 2031.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 382.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 94.2 g
- Protein 55.2 g