Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Recipe posted by request.
- 9 lbs rump steak or 9 lbs chuck roast
- 3 teaspoons cooking oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 cups diced celery
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
- Heat the cooker, add oil and brown roast on all sides.
- Add veggies and seasonings.
- Blend the paste with the broth and wine.
- Pour over meat and veg.
- Close cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 35 minutes at 15 pounds pressure.
- Let pressure drop of its own accord.
- Thicken gravy if desired.
This was really great! Even the kids liked it! I served it with the sauce over rice. *zesty* people may want to add a couple teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
Came out great! I used a 3 pound chuck roast ( and 1/2 of everythibg else) - and I cooked under pressure for about an hour -- longer than the recipe says--for really soft meat. Thanks for the great recipe.
This was so fast and easy. I cut this down for 2 people. I used a eye of round roast instead. I added potatoes as I wanted to thicken the juices for gravy. I ended up using about 3 Tbs. of tomato paste. I learned how to use a pressure cooker about 6 months ago and been loving it ever since.