- 9 lbs rump steak or 9 lbs chuck roast
- 3 teaspoons cooking oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 cups diced celery
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the cooker, add oil and brown roast on all sides.
- Add veggies and seasonings.
- Blend the paste with the broth and wine.
- Pour over meat and veg.
- Close cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 35 minutes at 15 pounds pressure.
- Let pressure drop of its own accord.
- Thicken gravy if desired.