Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These were so good, next time I will double the recipe.
- 2 cups 1-inch cubed unpeeled maine baking potatoes (approx. 3 med.)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (, 1 1/2 med.)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot (, 1 med.)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Cook all ingredients except parsley in 2 quart saucepan over medium low heat 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in parsley.
Loved these potatoes! I substituted the tomato paste with hot salsa and I used tiny 1" carrots from the garden. Easy recipe to make. I got it ready early in the day and then put it on to cook 25 minutes before dinner. Thanks Dancer for yet another winner
This turned out fine, nothing amazing but perfectly acceptable. I used vegetable broth instead of chicken, and had to add more several times in order to prevent sticking. I don’t know if it was the type of potato I used or the size I cut them, but it took quite a bit more than 25 minutes for them to be tender.