Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple & satisfying soup from Leggo's.
Make and share this Italian Potato Soup (Minestra Di Patate) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery leaves, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 440 g napolitana spaghetti sauce
- 310 g cream-style corn
- Bring water, stock cubes, parsley, onion, celery, carrots & potaoes to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Cover & simmer for 30 mins, add spaghetti sauce & corn.
- Stir well & bring back to the boil, cover & simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with hot cheesy bread.
Nice thick comfort food type of soup. I made this vegetarian so I used 2 cans of vegetarian broth instead the water and chicken bouillon. My pasta sauce was a marinara sauce.
5 stars, even more ! So easy to do ! I used my homemade tomato pasta sauce for this plus added a diced green pepper out of my garden. This soup is just marvellous.
Great soup! I had to make 2 changes...I was out of parsley so I used Italian spices and I had no creamed corn so I used yellow and white corn kernels. I served it with crusty cheese bread which went well with it. Perfect for a cold day!! Thanks so much for posting! Made for Make My Recipe/game #6.