Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crisp pancetta adds a new dimension to potato salad in this deliciously different recipe.
- 8 ounces pancetta
- 1 lb small red potato, cooked and drained
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Put all the vinaigrette ingredients into a screwtop jar, shake well and set aside.
- Fry the pancetta in a small frying pan until very crisp, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/2in thick pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add the pancetta, onion, parsley, the remaining salt, the pepper and vinaigrette.
- Mix gently and serve immediately.