Recipe by for the love of veggies
A very easy, inexpensive, and tasty recipe made with homemade Italian dressing. Taken from "The Italian Cookbook," Culinary Arts Institute, Melrose Park, IL. Easily double or triple recipe for a large crowd. Cooking time includes approximate time it takes to boil potatoes.
- 2 red potatoes, medium-size
- 1⁄3 cup celery, diced (about 1 stalk)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, pared and diced
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 3⁄4 cup Italian dressing (see recipe below)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 12 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine olive oil, wine vinegar, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper in salad shaker or screw-top jar.
- Shake well.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Shake thoroughly before using.
- Dice and cook potatoes until tender.
- Chill cooked potatoes in refrigerator while you prepare celery, cucumber, olives and onion.
- Carefully combine cooked potatoes, celery, cucumber, olives, and onion with 3/4 cup Italian Dressing and oregano.
- Cover salad, and chill in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.