for the love of veggies's Note:
A very easy, inexpensive, and tasty recipe made with homemade Italian dressing. Taken from "The Italian Cookbook," Culinary Arts Institute, Melrose Park, IL. Easily double or triple recipe for a large crowd. Cooking time includes approximate time it takes to boil potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 red potatoes, medium-size
- 1/3 cup celery, diced (about 1 stalk)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, pared and diced
- 1/2 cup ripe olives, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 3/4 cup Italian dressing (see recipe below)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 12 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2Combine olive oil, wine vinegar, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper in salad shaker or screw-top jar.
- 3Shake well.
- 4Chill in refrigerator.
- 5Shake thoroughly before using.
- 7Dice and cook potatoes until tender.
- 8Chill cooked potatoes in refrigerator while you prepare celery, cucumber, olives and onion.
- 9Carefully combine cooked potatoes, celery, cucumber, olives, and onion with 3/4 cup Italian Dressing and oregano.
- 10Cover salad, and chill in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Potato Salad (Insalata Di Patate)
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.1
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1180.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g