I got this from Taste of Home magazine and I planted a basil plant outside just so I could make it all summer.
- 5-6 medium red potatoes, cooked and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 118.29 ml chopped red onion
- 3-4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 78.07 ml olive oil or 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 163.00 g jar stuffed olives, drained and halved
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 7.39 ml salt (I omitted this)
- 1.23 ml pepper
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients except lettuce; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Loved this. I did cut the garlic back to 1 clove (even though we love garlic) and I'm glad I did. Two would have been a bit overpowering for the amount of potatoes, in my opinion. :)