Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from Taste of Home magazine and I planted a basil plant outside just so I could make it all summer.
- 5 -6 medium red potatoes, cooked and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 -4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 -4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) jar stuffed olives, drained and halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (I omitted this)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients except lettuce; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Loved this. I did cut the garlic back to 1 clove (even though we love garlic) and I'm glad I did. Two would have been a bit overpowering for the amount of potatoes, in my opinion. :)